Saturday, April 11, 2009

Guiding Light: Beirut story, 1985

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la8ipbjJvvU

I found this clip while browsing through the Guiding Light video's that are up on You Tube. You'll have to highlight the URL and open it in another window in order for it to work. This particular video is near the beginning of the 1985 Beirut story which featured Ed, Maureen, Claire, and Fletcher. I wrote at length about the storyline but this episode, which is part 3 of 6, aired on January 29, 1985 and it puts a visual to the storyline I had written about.

I have watched part 1 and 2 but I had not yet watched part 4, 5, and 6 so I do not know if Ed and company appear only in this video installment or not but I thought it would be a great addition to this blog entry. The video uploader has the video available for embedding on sites outside of You Tube and so I assume he or she wouldn't mind the video being lifted from there and placed here. Once the clip is over with, off to the right hand side of the page you will see additional videos. There will be one marked 1/29/85, Part Four which you'll click. I hadn't seen these scenes since they were first aired...the Beirut story isn't your typical "soap opera" story but I loved the adventure and mayhem. Richard Van Vleet plays Ed Bauer and Ellen Dolan plays Maureen. Fletcher is played by Jay Hammer and Susan Pratt plays Claire. Enjoy...and if you all hadn't tried it by now, look up the show on You Tube and watch older episodes...some are in bad shape, though...but these 1985 episodes by comparison are in better shape. You will also be regaled by the characters of Alexandra Spaulding, Warren Andrews, Beth and Lujack, and others in the series of 1985 video's.

No comments:

Post a Comment